Saturday, November 5, 2011

Adventures With Mom

Today was one of those days where I spend some time with my mom. So, you lucky readers get to find out about what we did and what we bought.

First stop on our list was a couple of paper/scrapbooking stores. Since my sister is getting married, and my mom and I are doing as much stuff as possible ourselves to cut back on costs (because who REALLY has the money to go all fancy pants on everything these days?) So, we were on the hunt for save the date/invite ideas. We left the store with some really pretty paper that I fully intend to experiment with and come up with some good ideas for.

Next we hit up one of my mom's favorite discount stores, Tuesday Morning. She, of course, headed for the craft section. I, OF COURSE, headed for the Halloween discount section.

These are some of the good stuff I got... the witches and the little owl are my favorites!

After we spent too much money at Tuesday Morning, we went to a local mall that has a GREAT food court for some lunch. We used to go to this place all the time when I was younger, but I hadn't been in a lot time. We decided to go to this fish place and it was really good. They had this seafood chowder that was so full of seafood I think I only got one little bite of potato.
After lunch, we went into a game store at the mall. And we found the BEST game. I shouldn't be divulging this information, since my mom wants to keep it a secret until Family Dinner night on Wednesday, but here it is (Alison, if you are reading this, you didn't hear it from me!)

That's right, REDNECK LIFE. Enough said.
 
Anyways, that pretty much ended our adventures for the day. We came home and I attempted to take a nap. But, since I've been sick the past few days, I am at that point where I can't breathe through my nose, so I am that awkward mouth breather. Which leads to coughing. A LOT of coughing. So I basically laid in bed for about and hour and a half, mouth breathing, coughing, and cursing the fact that I am out of cough drops.
 
So now, here I sit on the couch with Buck, waiting for Chad to get home from NOT shooting an elk, watching Hallmark Christmas movies on TV.

No comments: