In honor of it being halfway through November, I think it is time that I not only get serious about what is going on my Christmas list (I started that thing MONTHS ago), but also time that I start getting my New Years Resolutions figured out.
1. Lose at least 30 pounds. Now, since I have been overweight for approximately the past 367 years, this is no new resolution. But usually I set really unrealistic goals, such as losing 40 pounds by Valentine’s Day. So if I say 30 for the year, then that is DEFINITELY doable. And I will aim to have lost all 30 of those pounds by Sister’s wedding in August. If I don’t make it, oh well, if I do, then on to the next 30 pounds!
2. RUN a whole 5k. Some of you beezies out there are saying “geez Carly, that is SO EASY! I run 5ks in my high heels on my way to work in the morning.” Well, how nice for YOU. I mean, I do a couple 5ks every year, but I don’t RUN the whole thing. I tend to run the first mile and a half or so, and then end up walking. But this coming year, I want to be able to run/jog the WHOLE THING. Now, bear in mind that I am going to be having foot surgery probably in the first couple months of the year, so I don’t know how long that will take to heal, but I guess I’ll deal with that when the time comes.
3. Start scrapbooking. Okay, this is admittedly a weird one. I LOVE scrapbooks. And I LOVE all the crafty-ness involved with scrapbooks. Nevermind the fact that I have about 18,000 pieces of scrapbook paper at home. So I think for 2012 I will do a scrapbook of all the things that happen in my life.
4. Start putting effort into my appearance again. Don’t get me wrong, I do look in the mirror in the morning and I brush my hair and wear clean clothes and all that junk. But I mean I want to start putting an effort into doing my makeup better, and do my nails more often (since I recently became re-obsessed with nail polish), and actually put on nice-ish clothes to go places (rather than just jeans and an old sweatshirt and slipper shoes).
5. De-Clutter. My room. My car. My LIFE. I need to start simplifying things, getting rid of stuff I don’t need or use, and just plain being better organized. This is going to be another one of those ongoing projects, but I hope to see a huge improvement in 2012.
Does anybody else already have New Years resolutions on the brain? I can’t be the only one…