Sunday, June 17, 2012

Some Things about the Weekend

Aside from "running" in a 5k on Saturday, I did have some other things that happened.

Friday night, we had to go to Dick's Sporting Goods to get something for Chad's dad for father's day. 
On the way out of town, I see a guy mowing his lawn next to the road with his sunglasses on. The first thing that comes to my mind? "Who would let a blind man mow the lawn, especially so close to such a major road??" 
Obviously I am not used to people wearing sunglasses around here.
Anyways, after wandering around looking at lots of fishing lures and finally picked a knife out for Chad's dad, we decided to get something to eat while we were in Renton.
We ended up having our first Five Guys Burgers experience. The burgers were good, but the french fries that everybody get so excited about, not so much.
So that was Friday.

Saturday, as you well know, was Fall City Days and that fateful "fun" run. After surviving that, I went to breakfast with my sister and a few co workers before the parade. Then, after crying to myself and trying to make the pain go away, it was time to go back down to the festivities. I always want to spend so much money down there! Between the food trucks and the neat booths, I could spend hundreds of dollars. Good thing the only thing I bought was a pair of earrings for $20.
LOVE THEM.

Anyways, after a while it was time for us (Chad, Sister, and Sister's fiance) to head out to get dinner with my mom. Since yesterday was my dad's birthday, we decided to have family dinner at one of his favorite restaurants in his honor. 
There was lots of food... yum.
After dinner, Chad and I headed to our friends' property for their annual Fall City Days party. We watched some horseshoes, chatted and had some beverages. It was a good time, but I was quite tired and in a fairly significant amount of pain, so we headed out around 9:30 or so.

Today hasn't been too exciting. Chad and I went to his dad's house so Chad could give him the knife he bought him, and we chatted and played with his puppy for a while. Then we came home, did a few little chores and I have been vegging out ever since.
Wait, that's not entirely true. I did take a nap.

The goal for the rest of my evening is to get caught up on everybody's blogs and hopefully be able to get some sleep tonight without too much pain.



1 comment:

Lin said...

Oooh those earrings are super cute!