Friday, December 28, 2012

Tuesdays with Morrie



Today for Book Club Friday, I am going to share with you the other book that I got in the book swap earlier this month.

Tuesdays with Morrie

I don't have a sleeve from the book to tell you exactly what it says on the back, but here is a brief overview of it:

The author (Mitch Albom) was a student of Morrie in college and they became very close then. After he graduated, Mitch didn't speak to Morrie again until he found out that he (Morrie) was dying of Lou Gehrig's disease. He then starts flying in once a week to sit with Morrie and gain as much knowledge and wisdom as he can from Morrie while there's still time.

I LOVED this book. The fact that it is a true story makes it so great because it just makes you feel good to know that someone as amazing as Morrie really existed in our world. It's heartfelt, inspiring, and overall a feel good read. Sure, I shed a few tears in the end as Morrie's life ended, but overall it opened my eyes to some important lessons in life.

I'd give it 4.5 out of 5 stars.



No comments: