Monday, January 14, 2013

Holiday Vox Box!

So a few months ago, I signed up for Influenster. Then last month, I got an e mail from them telling me that I was selected for their Holiday Vox Box!

So now I am here to to share the goods!

In the box:

Quaker Real Medleys Oatmeal +: Peach Almond Flavor

Their description: Simply the best oatmeal ever - and you can enjoy it on the go! Whole grain oats, rye, barley and wheat are mixed with large chunks of real fruit and nuts in a convenient single-serve cup. Just add hot water or microwave and you can have a delicious breakfast anytime, anywhere.

My thoughts: Honestly I was not SUPER excited to get this, because I don't care for peaches, and that's what flavor I got. But, I said to myself "I got this product to review, so I'm gonna eat it and review it, damn it!". I'm glad I did though, because I was pleasantly surprised. The smell of the peaches was more offputting than the actual flavor. I liked the crunch of the nuts and the pops of flavor when you bite into a piece of fruit. I made mine the microwave way, and I pretty much had to double up on the microwave time in order to cook it all the way, but when it was done it had a nice consistency. I will definitely be trying the other flavors. For $1.79 a cup, it's a filling breakfast and it's nice that you can just throw it in your bag and take it to work or whatever.

NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine: Nude York City

Their description: Keep your lips soft as ever with the NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine. It's pure pigment ingredients create a 3-D gloss effect while Vitamin E provides shine and moisture. The non-sticky formula creates the ultimate creamy and soft textured feel. Available in 10 on-trend shades from neutral nudes, to berries and fuschias.

My thoughts: This is a nice lipgloss! I don't usually wear products like this because they end up being either really sticky, or feel grainy after 5 minutes. This one is really smooth, has a nice scent, and I REALLY like the color. It's a very natural color that gives your lips just a hint of shimmer... nothing over whelming. For the $2.49 that it retails for, I'd say it's definitely worth the money.

Kiss Nail Dress

Their description: Ultimate nail fashion for tips and toes! Just peel, apply, and shape for a manicure that lasts up to a week. On in minutes, off in seconds without remover. Nail Dress is available in 21 different styles, many of them featuring 3 dimensional jeweled designs. Skip the topcoat, Nail Dress has it built in.

My thoughts: I think that these are a good idea. I'm not sure that Kiss has quite gotten all the way there yet. I think that the designs are really fun, and it's a fast, easy way to get one of those Pinterest manicures everybody knows about. However it's really hard to get them on and make them look great. It's hard to tell if you are picking the one that fits best on your nails until you actually get it on there. You may think you have the best one chosen, but then you put it on and you realize that it's either hanging over onto your finger, or it doesn't quite cover the nail all the way. Granted, those are things that nobody is going to notice just casually glancing at your hands, but if you're like me and a perfectionist about your nails, you'll know. The other annoying thing is that they are all really long (so as to be able to cover longer nails) so you get it on and it says to fold it over and file it off. Easy enough. Until you realize that when you fold it over the edge, it causes almost a little fold or bubble or whatever you wanna call it. Again, not something that anybody will really notice, but a bit irritating as a wearer.

Overall, I MAY use these again sometime simply because of the fun designs (and maybe I will be better at applying them the second time around...) but I wouldn't want to spend too much money on them.

EBOOST: Acai Pomegranate flavor
Their description: EBOOST will boost your mood, focus, and immunity with natural ingredients and no crash. As a shot or an easy-to-mix powder and in four flavors, you'll feel great whether you choose Orange, Pink Lemonade, Acai Pomegranate, or Super Berry. And with the hustle and bustle of the holidays, you'll certainly need a boost!

My thoughts: It's kind of hard to give a solid review of this when you only have one pouch of it. Normally when I try an energy boosting product like this, I need to be able to have it  consistently for a week or so to really find out how it will make me feel. But what I can say is that I liked the flavor of it, and the fact that you mix the pouch with 12 oz of water makes it kind of nice because it ends up being more to drink, which helps with keeping me from feeling hungry. This could be a really great product but, like I said, it's hard to judge with just one pouch. And with a price tag of $28 for a box of 20 pouches, I don't know that I will be buying anymore. I know that ends up being about the same price as buying a regular energy drink from the store, but I don't do that either due to the cost.

Goody QuikStyle Brush: Half Round Styler

Their description: Once again, Goody brings innovation to your hair routine! Go from wet to beautifully styled hair faster than ever! Super absorbent microfiber bristles remove up to 30% of water as you style. It's like a towel and a brush in one.

My thoughts: I think this brush did live up to it's description. I've got a LOT of hair, so it takes a long time to blow dry. With this hair brush, it only took me about 7 minutes, which is pretty fast for me. for some reason I feel like using it while blow drying my hair also made it a bit smoother... usually I look like I stepped out of Woodstock when I finish drying my hair, but it really seemed a bit less LARGE, if you know what I mean.

Sole Society:


Their description: Sole Society allows you to discover the latest trends, share your personal style, recommend shoes to friends, and follow the curated collections of top fashion insiders.

My thoughts: Honestly, I wasn't quite sure how I was going to feel about this particular perk, because it kind of requires me to spend money. But, since I just got paid AANNNDDDDD because I got $25 off using the code INFLUENSTER25 (anybody can use the code... go do it!), I decided to buy a pair. I ordered the Blair Tassle flats. They look like what some of the "trendy" girls are wearing, but are still something that I think is cute (unlike some of the shoes that I see people wearing these days). Most of the shoes seem to run about $50, which is expensive for my budget. But with the $25 off, I could swing it. Now hopefully when my shoes actually get here, they will be good quality and I will be willing to buy from there again!


Montagne Jeunesse Face Masks: Aloe Vera & Willow

Their description: Montagne Jeunesse face masques have been a part of many girls lives since way back when. With a huge array to choose from, these face masques are jam packed with the most delicious natural ingredients and are bursting with luscious juicy fragrances.

My thoughts: Well, my primary gripe with this product was the fact that it didn't have very good directions on it. Since I'm not super familiar with these girly type things, I didn't know how much I was supposed to put on. My impression was that the pouch was really a single serve type deal, but as I was spreading it on my face I realized that there was a LOT in there. So I'm thinking I will seal the rest up and use it again next weekend. It has a really nice smell to it, and it made me feel like I was really pampering myself. Although as it hardened, my face started to itch a bit, but I think that just had to do with the fact that I had mud hardening on my face (and I may have left it on longer than the 10 - 15 minutes it said...) and when I rinsed it off, it seemed like my skin was kind of red (although that may have been due to the fact that I wash my face with quite warm water...) Now, even a few hours later, I don't feel any irritation and it feels like my face is freshly washed. Overall I will be using the product again (since I still have quite a bit more in the pouch) and I would be interested to try one of the other kinds also. Each pouch costs only $2 so it would be a really affordable thing for a girls night or to put in a Christmas stocking or a goody bag of some sort.


Anyways friends, that is the breakdown of all the goodies that I got in my Vox Box! Definitely had some good finds in it!



No comments: