Thursday, March 7, 2013

Irrational Concerns

I know that everybody has really strange irrational things that really make them nervous. 
Right? I sure fracking hope so.

Here are a couple of mine:

Forgetting to go back to work after lunch. Now, I know this is damn near impossible to do. But I can't even tell you the number of dreams I've had where I go running errands at lunch, and then something happens, like my dog runs away, and I call in and say "hey, sorry, but I'm going to be a few minutes late getting back from lunch". And the next thing you know, my house is on fire, or my car gets stolen, or some other cockamamie thing happens and I look at the clock and it's been 4 hours and I am just absolutely certain that I am going to lose my job.
So obviously I am horrified that these things will happen in real life.

My engagement ring falling off. This one isn't something that I really am concerned about in my day to day life, but let me tell you... when i was in California I was absolutely positive that my ring would magically fly off my finger (which would have been locked in a death grip around the handle of whatever ride we were on) and i would never see it again.
It could happen, yeah?

Just popping in to share those little tidbits of information with you.



1 comment:

Miranda said...

i have so many irrational fears, i may scare you lol. of course i suffer from OCD so i have million. but it's nice to know i'm not the only one!