Monday, April 29, 2013

Life Happens

I don't know about you, but sometimes you just have one of those days that you need to go back and start over. Today was that day for me.

Nothing too horrible really happened that started it poorly, just running late for work (although I got up an hour early... wtf?), pouring down rain (gee weather.com, I don't know about you but this really didn't seem like 20% change of rain!), and being extremely busy.

And then I get a message on my home phone from my cousin's number. Since it's unusual for him to call, I listen to the message. Come to find out it's a message from his fiance (who I didn't know existed) letting us know that my uncle passed away yesterday.

Talk about dropping a bomb. Granted, I have never been that close with my uncle, we haven't ever really seen eye to eye, but since my dad passed away our family has tried to be better about check in, meeting up, etc. He even walked my sister down the aisle when she got married last year.
So here I am, feeling like a giant ass because I keep saying "I should call him and check in..." and then I never have.
Anyways, turns out he was diagnosed with lung cancer a couple weeks ago and apparently it was more advanced than they had thought.

Anyways, enough with the ugly Monday news, let's back track to my weekend!

Friday:
Busy day at work ended with some beverages and TV watching with Chad. We essentially caught up on Bates Motel and went to bed. Let me tell you, last weeks episode has taken everything I thought I knew about Norma and Norman Bates and throw it into a rock tumbler and spit it back out again.

Saturday:
We woke up fairly early on Saturday morning (for no real reason) only for Chad to go outside and discover that his truck had been broken into. (I use the term "broken into" loosely, since he leaves his doors unlocked). At first we thought that they only stole his dirtbike helmet (and one glove) and the spare change and miscellaneous fuses from his ashtray. But then he realized that they also stole his house keys (again, I don't understand why he would leave his house keys in his unlocked truck) and his portable jumper pack. AWESOME. So, we had to go buy new door locks so that I could sleep at night without being paranoid that some thieving assholes were going to come into our house in the middle of the night and steal all our belongings.

Then Saturday night, we had my Sister and brother in law as well as two of our other friends over to play some beer pong and games.
I don't know if I have ever talked about this game before, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, you need to play Redneck Life (created right here in the state of Washington!). Trust me.
Sunday:
Sunday, as was intended by God himself, was a day of rest for me. We slept in until about 9:30, then we got up, watched some TV, and ate some breakfast (fried red potatoes with chorizo, with an over easy egg on top... BOMB). Then we decided we should PROBABLY do something productive, so Chad got to work replacing a couple of the locks (I was so freaked out on Saturday night that i made the cat sleep in the bedroom with us and locked the bedroom door, so if I heard any noises in the front of the house, I would know to grab my piece and get ready to bust a cap). I did manage to get my ass on the elliptical for a while too, before laying down to take my afternoon nappy nap.

That was just about it for my weekend... sorry for the long post, I know that nobody likes a long blog post telling you about all my woes and happenings.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, they "broke in" right in your driveway? Lock your damn doors, chad!