Sunday, August 11, 2013

Bachelorette Shenans and Life Updates

I don't know how many blog posts I've started and discarded over the past week. My mind just wasn't in it.
So now that means I have to update you all on life and my most recent adventures.

In a nutshel...

...I'm down 18 pounds since July 12th
... my mom had to put our old man dog down last week

... I feel like summer is ending and fall is right around the corner

With all that out of the way, let me tell you about my friend Morgan's bachelorette party this weekend.
This is the first bachelorette party I've been to aside from my sister's last year, which I threw.

The party started by meeting up with some of the girls that live near me and carpooling to dinner at Ixtapa. We're ALMOST there, and all of a sudden the van stops running.
Let me throw in there that none of the gauges on the damn thing work. Gas gauge, speedometer... nothing.
Turns out, we were out of gas.

So, what do you do while you're waiting for people to bring you a gas can?
Shameless group pictures on the side of the road with penis straws.

Let me also say that I was REALLY disappointed in our valley. We were standing there on the side of the road for probably half an hour and not a single person stopped to help us! 
RUDE.

Anyways, when we finally made it to dinner, it was time for Miss Morgan to open some wildly inappropriate gifts. I won't show you EVERYTHING, but I do have to share this shot. The maid of honor and another girl found a penis can topper, so we had the bartender pop it on a beer and bring it out. I managed to get quite possibly one of the most incriminating pictures possible.

Anyways, after dinner we headed to Bellevue to hit up Lucky Strike.
 Bride and Maid of Honor
Our designated driver for the night.



Reunited and it feels so good! Although I probably could have taken this at a more flattering angle so as to have less chins present. Oh well, whadya gonna do?

It was a really fun night, but let me tell you, I am NOT cut out for partying it up. Don't get me wrong, I was sweatin' it out on the dance floor (which is really out of character for me), but I was ready for bed by 12:30, so staying awake until the club closed at 2:00 was rough for me.
All in all it was a really fun night and it was so nice to hang out with a bunch of people that I've known for 20 years but never really get to see.
Please don't ask about the blurry face towards the right... we decided it must be because she's a demon. Or couldn't handle staying still for the picture, it could go either way.

I hope everybody else had a fun weekend too! Tomorrow is the start of the last week of work before I FINALLY have vacation!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved the captions. Nice blog Carly!