Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Falling Off the Wagon

I think we've all fallen off the wagon once or twice, whether it's sobriety, food related, or literally falling off of a wagon (don't even try to tell me you've never done it, you ain't gotta lie to kick it!)

I fell off my wagon a bit this past week. Between my birthday last week, there was lots of eating out, drinks, and general relaxation. Luckily for me, I didn't gain anything back, but it was still a wake up call for me to not get too comfortable with my progress.

I'm doing another dietbet, and I realized that I can't just sit back and stop working, just because I've made progress. Yes, I've accomplished a lot these past few months, but I've also got a LONG way to go, I'm only about 1/3 of the way to my goal.

So, I told myself that I need to get back on track BEFORE I move backwards. 
Now after buckling down again for the past two days, the numbers on the scale are moving in the right direction again, and it was just a reminder to me that slipping up here and there isn't going to ruin everything as long as you don't let it!


 photo 284877b_zps8b820ec3.png

1 comment:

Jill said...

Love that image and the message with it - and it's SO true. I swear, that motto has been a key to my success this time around. I've always been the type who said, "Well, I already splurged once today, might as well continue because it's already a write-off" - which quickly becomes a cheat day, a cheat weekend, a cheat week... and then, off the wagon. Now if I have a bad meal or a bad day, I wipe the slate clean, don't feel guilty about it, and promise to do better tomorrow! :)