Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Cinema Critic

As I have been working out these past few months, I have been indulging in watching some of the movies that have been sitting around my house for the past couple years not being watched. So here are my thoughts on a few of them.

August Rush

This movie made me smile. I like music, so music storylines make me kind of happy.
It had a good ending and Robin Williams played a really different role for him, which was kind of nice to see.

Precious

I put this one off for a LONG time because I felt like it was a movie that i needed to be in the right frame of mind for. It wasn't as life changing as I had anticipated, nor was it as long. But it was a great story and it made me tear up, especially thinking of how many girls there are in this country that are really living this story.

Changeling

Let me just say that I am NOT a fan of Angelina Jolie as a celebrity, but she is one hell of an actress. I didn't know what to expect when it came to this movie, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was suspenseful, and had a semi happy ending that brought good closure to the story. I'd recommend it to a friend.

Chernobyl Diaries

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I have a strange fascination with this bit of world history. This was significantly creepier than I thought it would be, and the ending left me feeling like there MAY be some sort of scary conspiracy going on over there. I dunno... watch it and let me know how you feel.

Just Go With It

Bahahahahahahaha! I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed. It surprised me because I don't usually think that Jennifer Aniston is all that funny, but paired with Adam Sandler, it was a really great pairing (assuming you can let go of her Rachel Green persona that you may or may not have stuck in your mind after more than a decade of watching Friends).

Anyways, those are just a few of the many movies I allowed myself to get sucked into in the name of weight loss. I'll try to come back with even more profound movie reviews (I agree, it's really unbelievable that the Seattle Times hasn't offered me their film critic position yet...)

 photo 284877b_zps8b820ec3.png

No comments: