Thursday, May 5, 2011

Honest to Blog...?

 
    Well kids, buckle up, this is going to be a CRAZY trip. I have never blogged before, so I hope you really enjoy the mental anguish and frustration that will ensue as I publicly reveal this journey I am taking to try to get myself to a happy, healthy weight. We'll touch on various other topics on the way, I'm sure.
                A little background for you to chew over. I was a normal, happy kid. Up until about 5th grade when I all of a sudden turned into a flab-tastic 150 pound girl. I didn’t realize that it was such an awful thing until my “friends” turned into a bunch of fickle bitches and made fun of the fat girl. Whatevs.
                Through middle school I slimmed down a bit and by the time I was in high school, I was back down to a respectable 125 pounds. Boo-yah! I made new friends, had a couple boyfriends, so on and so forth. I also worked at greasy, amazing little burger joint. I walked everywhere (I was one of those people who didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 18), didn’t eat regular meals (unless you count snagging a French fry or corndog here and there during my shifts), and spend all my time hanging out with my friends. It was an amazing life.
                But then, the unthinkable happened. I had to get a grown up job (DUN DUN DUNNNN!!!). I walked across the parking lot from my current job to the credit union next door, got an application, filled it out, and got an interview. At said interview, I wowed them with my sparkling personality and hypnotized them with my insanely good looks, and landed myself a job as a member service representative. Translation: I got a desk job that enabled me to sit on my ass all day long, snack, and let my metabolism drop while my weight steadily rose from slim, to chubby, to chunky until I had officially reached the status of lard-ass. Perfect.
                So here I sit, at 24 years old weighing in at a whopping 197 pounds (keep the comments and finger-pointing to yourselves, please). And so my journey begins.

No comments: