Friday, August 19, 2011

Exes and Ohs

I am going to link up with Heather over at Blonde, Undercover Blonde for Book Club Friday for the first time.






I just finished reading the book Exes and Ohs by Shallon Lester. I stumbled upon this book by chance. Someone left it at my office and never came back for it, and I looked at it and thought “hey, this looks like it’s right up my alley!” This is the summary from the back:

Think your dating life sucks? Well you’re probably right. But have you ever been romantically involved with the leader of a Mafia ring? Been dumped on Valentine’s Day… two years in a row? Had a necklace custom made to read “revenge” (that you wear every day)? Sex and dating columnist turned reality-TV star Shallon Lester has.
From the time a new boyfriend found her hidden stockpile of Magnum condoms, to her near arrest for stealing (borrowing?) bacon for the homeless, to a sweaty, shoeless run-in with Ed Westwick and Chace Crawford, Lester describes the indignities she’s suffered at the hands of boyfriends, complete strangers, and just about everyone else.

The first chapter of this book had me laughing out loud and I basically didn't stop until it was over. I didn’t know what to expect when I started reading it because I had never even heard of the book or the author before. Shallon’s stories about her relationships and mishaps are all pretty much hysterical. I don’t have much else to say about the book other than that you should read it. Quickly. I give it 4.8 stars, but only because I kind of wish it all went together a little bit better. Each chapter seems to be its own story. There are references to other anecdotes throughout, but it seems that it was written as individual mini stories rather than one collective book.

2 comments:

A Babbling Brunette said...

This book looks really funny!!

Heather said...

This book sounds hilarious! I can't wait to read it. Thanks for linking up!