Monday, August 15, 2011

Hello Monday!

Well friends, I am going to link up with my BFFL Kristine for her Monday Moanings link up today. Because, believe you me, I have a LOT of moaning to do.



First off, I would like to complain about a particularly pesky limb that I have. To be more specific, I am referring to my right foot. You see, about 7 years ago or so, something happened to said foot. I don’t know exactly how it happened, but I managed to break it. This break caused the bones to start smashing the nerves between my second and third toes and my foot swelled up to the size of a softball. This was also at a time when I didn’t have my driver’s license yet (that’s right, I was one of those people who didn’t get my license until I was 18) so I had to walk two miles to work on this broken softball foot. Well, I was given the option to have surgery on it, but I graciously declined. However, now my foot pain has come back with a vengeance and I am NOT happy about it. So I may or may not end up having to have that surgery now. Great.
Next on my list is the weather. It is supposed to be summer here people. Yet, we are being plagued by overcast skies and, on many god forsaken occasions, RAIN. IN AUGUST!! What the French, toast? One of my favorite summer activities is floating the river, but that really isn’t a whole lot of fun when it is 64 degrees out and sprinkling.
Last, but not least, my diet. Or should I say, my self control. No matter how many times I look in the mirror and am barely able to stop myself from throwing up, I can’t seem to keep myself on track with good eating habits. Granted, I can’t be blamed for the type of food that people serve at their weddings/barbecues/etc, but I really need to make sure that I am not letting those ‘cheat’ days carry over once I am at home or at work preparing meals.
That’s it for now, friends. But let me just leave you with one last mini moaning - Paddington paid us a visit last night, and this is what he decided to leave as a gift for us…


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paddington! You not-so-sly fella! Thanks for dropping by! I feel as though you should do a Paddington post... and probably write in the perspective of him and his mama.