Wednesday, August 10, 2011

To little Wylie Texas

So, I was going to link up for Oh How Pinteresting Wednesday. But then I got some sad news.
For about 3 years, Chad was living with this amazing Rottweiler named Texas. He is such a good dog (aside from some serious dog aggression and separation anxiety). Chad has always said that if Tex ever fathered a litter of puppies, he wanted one. BAD. Then, about 6 weeks ago, we got news that Tex did, in fact, impregnate a dog. A gorgeous Rhodesian Ridgeback. So, naturally, we were all over getting one. So we went, picked out a little boy, named him Wylie, and have been patiently awaiting the day we could bring him home. That day was supposed to be this Sunday.
But then today, devastation struck. The owner of the Ridgeback came in to my office and told me that the puppy has been having problems. So he took Wylie in to the vet and was told that he has hip dysplasia. At the ripe old age of 6 weeks. Surgery would be $1800 right off the bat. Followed by a lifetime of hip problems and vet bills. So they decided that it would be best to just put our little fella down.
I am so sad today, I don’t even know what to do with myself. I already had his training set up and got him a collar and leash all of his own… the tears have been falling like rain.
I must have done something awful for God to decide to punish me by killing puppies.
Our little guy Wylie... RIP little baby :*(

1 comment:

silvertag said...

Awwww that is terrible!