Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fall Traditions

Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge



I am going to be linking up for the next couple weeks for Amber and Neely’s Fall Blog Challenge. Today’s topic: Fall Traditions.
I don’t really know where to start with my favorite fall traditions. I guess I will start with the obvious: Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I don’t get them often, but I HAVE to hit Starbuck’s as soon as they come out because that is what really means that Fall is here. My newest tradition-like drinks: caramel eggnog latte and salted caramel mocha. YUM.
I also insist on getting those pumpkin shaped leaf bag things. I don’t know why, but I find it completely necessary.
Last but not least, I will mention my pretend Thanksgiving. This is something I started probably 4 years ago because my sister and I were always running around so much with our boyfriends’ families on Thanksgiving that we barely got to spend any time with our own on Thanksgiving. So one year, I decided that I would just do my OWN Thanksgiving dinner a week or so before the actual holiday. Not only does it give us a chance to spend time together as a family, but it also gives me the opportunity to flex my cooking muscles. This tradition has become especially important to me because the last outing I had with my dad before he passed away was when we went out shopping together for the supplies for pretend Thanksgiving. He LOVED the idea because we would always make something that we didn’t usually have, like goose, or game hens.

No comments: