Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fall Activities

Let me tell you about some amazing things that I did this weekend. Actually, they were all done on one day (Saturday), but that doesn't make them any less amazing.

However, I am going to start with Friday. I worked in my old branch in Fall City for the majority of the day, which was kind of nice. I miss the people I used to see every day down there, and I feel like i am so far out of the loop with these members that I used to know everything about. Anyways, so I got off work, and went home to change and get ready to go meet my sister and friend/real estate agent to look at a house. (Yes, you notice that Chad is not involved in this house viewing... because he was hunting againt).
I would put some pictures up, however I am going to have a whole post devoted to the top house contenders at the moment.

I spent the rest of my Saturday evening hanging on the couch watching tv and movies witch Buck. I chose to re-watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 that night. It was so great. I didn't cry this time, thank god. It makes me excited for the second part to come out on DVD, even though it means that there will be no more movies and it's really over.

Saturday morning I got up, caught up on some TV shows on my DVR, and got ready for the festivities! I went to Kristine's house and we waiting for our friends Chelsea and Gary to show up. Then we headed off to Bob's Corn and Pumpkin Farm!

First off, we went into the corn maze. Everybody but me cheated and cut through non existing paths, but I carried on the non cheater path. Eventually I ended up running into Kenny, who got caught by the corn maze police and had to come back in. We were on the right track when we heard kristine yelling for us, so we cut out. She was telling us that they had been out for a very long time, which amazed me until she told us that they left at the halfway mark rather than doing the second half of the maze.

Anyways, then we decided to find our pumpkins. We found some REALLY good ones, and it was hard to decide on just one. But we did it.

After the pumpkins had been chosen, we went back up to the farmhouse area where Kristine and I indulged in some roasted corn on the cob. YUM. Then it was off to Ixtapa for dinner before returning to Kristine's house to get our carve on.

(I have all my pictures together here because it didn't want to put them in the places I wanted them... so they are in no specific order)

Gary, Chelsea, Me, Kenny, and Kristine

The first pumpkin I chose... it had those dangly things that screamed "I whip my hair back and forth, I whip my hair back and forth!"

Me, Kristine, and Chelsea driving the pumpkin truck!


Us ladies riding the hay wagon on the way to the pumpkin patch and corn maze

View from the hay wagon on the way to the corn maze

Kristine's brother Charles was my carving partner (he was VERY upset that I made the nose off center)

Our 5 pumpkins

My pumpkin!

Kenny, Gary, and Chelsea carving away

Mmmmm, roasted corn

All our pumpkins all lit up!

No comments: