Friday, December 16, 2011

JERKS!

Well, I woke up this morning and was determined to have a good attitude.
It’s Friday, I’m getting off work early, and I have a Christmas party to go to tonight. YAY!
I get to work (I work at a credit union, for those of you not in the know), I pull open my e mail, and am THRILLED to see that there is only one report of potential debit card fraud. CAN THIS MORNING BE ANY BETTER?!
I open it. What do I see?
MY OWN NAME AND DEBIT CARD NUMBER.
That’s right folks, some asshole got their hands on my debit card number and proceeded to do a little Christmas shopping. ITunes. Blockbuster. YourMovies.com. A JAMES PATTERSON BOOK CLUB!
This reminded me of that episode of Friends where Monica’s credit card was stolen and she was appalled by the fact that someone was not only using her identity and spending her money, but they were doing it BETTER than she was. (I only say this because I love I Tunes, movies, AND James Patterson).

Moral of the story, even though I don’t have any money in my checking account right now, I will not be able to finish my Christmas shopping very well because I won’t have a new card by the time I get paid again next Friday.
BOO HISS!


I know James, I couldn't believe it either...

4 comments:

Alison said...

Wow, I'm really sorry for what happened. I hope you get everything worked out. I can imagine how mad that would make me.

I hope your day gets a little better!

Alyssa said...

I am so, so sorry! Some people are just so very sad. How awful!

P!nky said...

Awwww I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. I just don't understand why people are so mean and such jerks. There really is no point in hurting people....grrr!

I hope you are able to get everything situation soon.

Hoping for a better weekend for you! virtual hug your way!

Alison said...

I gave you the “The Versatile Blog award". Love your blog and keep it up :)

http://lifeoftwosokools.blogspot.com/2011/12/award.html