Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Day has Arrived

I got my stitches out of my foot today!!
I didn't get the news I was hoping for, which was "yes Carly, you can certainly start hitting the pool to get your ass in gear for summer" but I did get the okay to do other exercise as long as my pain tolerance can handle it. They just don't want me to have my foot submerged in water (especially chlorinated pool water) for another week or so.

With that said, this is what my foot looks like now (after getting the orange iodine stains off my toenails and replacing that ugly color with some pretty pink polish)

They put some steri-strips over the incision just to keep it covered and held together since the stitches were taken out. Just for safe measure and all.
As you can see, there is minimal bruising left.

Now that you've seen the AFTER, let me introduce you to the BEFORE
*Fair warning, if you have an extremely squeamish stomach, you may want to stop here, because I've been told some of these are pretty nasty.

That is the multiple layers of gauze that (clearly) soaked up the blood after my surgery. We didn't take the bandages off until 6 days after surgery. I was READY to get that nasty clump off my foot. 

The bruising went all the way around my foot to my heel.

The close up. 

Better image of the whole foot (and the random round bruise to the left) 

More bruises. 


And there you have it, my friends. This is the large inconvenience that has been keeping me out of the gym (and my shoes) for the past couple weeks.

No comments: