Saturday, February 25, 2012

Things I've Been Doing Lately

My blog writing has been pushed to the back burner a little bit this weeks because I've been a busy bee.

This week has had a LOT of work related activity. We're offering some great rates on loans right now, which means that I'm being worked like a DOG. Thursday alone I disbursed over $100k in new loans. BY MYSELF. This earned me kudos from the CEO herself (which sounds like a lot bigger deal than it really is... we see her everyday, so it's not like talking to her is some rare occasion, haha). All the actual work I've been doing at during the work day leaves me quite tired at the end of the day.
Gotta make that money, beezies!

Also, I've been trying to get back in the swing of working out. Since my foot is still on the mend, I decided that I'm gonna being swimming. Frequently.
It's a lot harder than I was expecting. I could barely make it across the pool once without drowning. For real.

The house hunting has continued. 
Chad and I (and my mom and sister) met up with our agent/friend Kelli to look at a couple houses yesterday after work. The first one was a historic house a few blocks from my work and the pictures made it look REALLY cute. However, upon entering the house we realized that it a) had really low ceilings because the floors were raised because of flood risk, b) the floors were also not level, and c) the stairs were very steep and had very little foot space. Like, I could barely get my whole food on the stairs. But it looked so cute from the outside!

The other house was a little more expensive, and about 800 square feet smaller, and only one bathroom (which is something that I have a hard time dealing with).
But, we went there and it's got a circular driveway, which is nice. Also, it's a rambler which means no difficult stairs to navigate furniture up and down. It had a good size backyard too, with an excessive amount of "outbuildings" (which makes Chad happy). And it's on a good street... Meadow Drive (I'm also a big fan of nice street names). It's definitely on the list of contenders.

To round my week out, I met up with my sister to go to brunch with Kristine and some other ladies. It was a good time. Then Sister and I proceeded to head to David's Bridal to pick up Bridesmaid dresses for her wedding.

The End. (Sorry, that was really anticlimactic. Not much I can do about it though.)

No comments: