Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Update

I’m here with my update for Blogger’s Biggest Loser, AND the Ten Pound Challenge.
 
Blogger's Biggest Loser
 


First of all, I would like to say that I have officially lost 5 pounds! Actually a little more than that. I was at about 5 pounds lost before my surgery, and I’m now about half a pound lighter than I was then. Which I find amazing considering the fact that I still haven’t really been able to work out (I found out that jogging causes me some serious pain still).
As far as diet goes, I haven’t been snacking as much, which I suppose is a good thing, since I can’t seem to make myself snack on good things, like fruit. And I just started a new shake product called ViSalus.

Basically, you choose your program thing (I chose the basic, cheapest option so I can try it out without shelling out lots of money for it). It comes with a bag of this shake powder (sweet cream flavored) and some flavor packet/nutrition boosters. I always worry about these powdery shake drinks because sometimes, if I’m being honest, they’re nasty. We all know it. But this was pretty good. I had my first one this morning and I used the banana energy flavor thing, and a spoonful of peanut butter. It was pretty dang good. And you can add pretty much anything you want… yogurt, fruit, whatever. Or change up the type of milk you use. I used just not fat milk since that was what I had in the fridge, but a lot of people use almond milk or soy milk. I’m gonna hafta get creative.
So anyways, that is where I am at right now. I can start swimming again this week, so I’m hoping to get back into my workout routine.
My goals for the next week are:
Continue cooking healthy dinners for Chad and I every night
Get my badonka-donk in the gym 4 times a week
Replace one meal a day with my ViSalus shake
Lose 2 more pounds

Me thinks that’s reasonable.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats sweet girl on the 5lb loss!! That's AWESOME!!!! Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you're having a great day!

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

I LOVE almond milk and it's pretty much all we drink. It's excellent with protein shakes, just sayin'

my fav is almond breeze unsweetened vanilla.
always get unsweetened because the sweetened stuff has a ton of sugar in it

and congrats on 5 pounds!!