Saturday, February 18, 2012

When I'm a Homeowner

I have some things that I really feel will be necessary once I am a homeowner.

1. I will have fresh flowers. Often.
I think that fresh flowers add something to any room. A clean scent. A pop of color. An overall spritz-up to a room that can get boring when you're in it all the time.







2. There will be assigned days for accomplishing tasks.
I'm pretty sure everybody has had the problem of "planning" on doing something "sometime this weekend" or "in the next few days". Knowing myself, there will have to be certain days assigned for doing things each week, or the house will be in SHAMBLES.



3. I will have a clean, color coordinated, FUNCTIONAL bedroom.
For those of you that missed the pictures of Chad and I's bedroom the other day, you may not understand what an improvement this would be. I want to have a bedroom that I can walk into and not be overwhelmed. I want it to serve it's purpose... as a place for me to keep my clothes and shoes, and a place to lay my head at night.






Anyways, those are things that cross my mind as I day dream of having a house to call my own.

In other news, I DID clean my room today (with a little help from Chad). Some things I found?

1. about 4 pairs of scissors... huh?
2. approximately 1534 unmatched socks. 
3. A mere 27 magazines, mostly Cosmo, US Weekly, and the occasional Cooking Light.
4. My carpet!!!! Never thought that would happen.

Moral of the story, I was very productive today and am rewarding myself with the Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family. Jealous? Thought so.