Thursday, April 26, 2012

Housekeeping

I hope you guys are ready for some random subjects today because I have a few things to talk about, but none of them really mesh together. But I don't really care that much.

First of all, this is for all you Seattle (or Washington State) bloggers. My homegirl Kristine and I were chatting a couple weeks ago about how we would like to have a blog party for those of us here in Washington State. And then, being the nice lady she is, Kristine decided to get the ball rolling.
So, I urge you to go and check out this post and RSVP and BE THERE. June 16th (tentatively) at the Hard Rock Cafe in Seattle. Even if you don't live in Washington and want to come visit, you are more than welcome!

Next up, I have something to confess. I like mayonnaise. It's true. I don't eat it a lot, since I know that it's all fat and completely unhealthy. But I'm not one of those people that is like "Eww, mayo, that's disgusting". Just so you know.

Have you guys read Serious... I'm Kidding by Ellen Degeneres? I bought it because I enjoy Ellen and thought for sure this book would be amazing. 
I was wrong.
I mean, it's not TERRIBLE. But it's not what I was looking for. I feel like it doesn't have a point. As I read it, I can hear her saying these things in my head. And it does make me laugh sometimes. But overall there isn't a lot of point. She will go on with random things for 30 pages before she comes to her point that she dislikes tardiness. Or littering. Or that she thinks people should be happy. I was looking for more of a story about HER. I don't know if i will finish it. 
It's an easy read, and like I said there is some funny parts. But it's almost too much. My favorite parts are when she talks about her and Portia's relationship. Just because that is something I don't hear much about.
Anyways, sorry if you LOVE this book, but it's not for me.

Next up, for those of you who don't live in the Snoqualmie Valley, you may not know the story about this fracking maniac running around.
His name is Peter Keller. He's on the run because he is the prime suspect of a double homicide. Of who, you ask? Oh, just his wife and 18 year old daughter. Yeah, he shot them and then set his house on fire. Not just them though, no no. The family cat and dog too.
It doesn't end there. Apparently he's one of those "End of the World" loons. Friends say that he made himself a fort in the woods and has, over time, been stockpiling things in it for the end of civilization.
Cool. Just what I need, a psycho out there on our hiking trails.

Umm... other than that, it looks like I have FINALLY reached 50 followers! Sweet. I know that blogging isn't about follower numbers (if it was, I would have given up a long time, ago, ha), but it's kind of nice to know people read my blog.

WAIT! I forgot something else. I'm getting a real blog design. Neat, huh?

ANDDDDD Julia at Home is Where the Army Sends Us awarded me with the Liebster Blog Award. I was quite happy about that and think it was just so sweet of her. Go check her blog out! 
Home is Where the Army Sends Us

I swear, that's it. I hope everybody has had a good work week and you all have beautiful weather over the weekend (and don't get massive burns such as myself... I'm still in pain and it's been almost 6 days).



2 comments:

Miranda said...

i wish i could come to the meet up!

I loved Ellen's book! I think i liked it because it made me laugh and it was easy to put down. Like with other books I stay up way to late to read because I want to know what happens next. But I was a little disappointed because I also thought it would be about her life, not just random ramblings.

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, how scary about that crazy man!! I hope they have found him by now! Ugh!! I haven't read Ellen's book, but usually I do laugh at most things she says hysterically!