Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend away: Part 2

I promised you pictures of something other than people you don't know drinking heavily.
Here they are.
(I apologize if some of these are blurry... they were taking THROUGH Chad's truck windows, while we were moving)

 Super bad picture... the weather coming over the pass was abysmal. You can tell it's been a winter of heavy snow. Here we are at the end of March and the snow is piled up to the exit signs.
 Oh hey, there's Chad! Driving like a pro with pretty much zero visibility.

 Welcome to central Washington. Hills for miles.
 We took the back roads on the way back from Ellensburg to Cle Elum. I love some of the old places out here. They make my heart go pitter pat.




 The crazy to see all the "windmills" (or whatever the technical term for the things that "farm" the wind is) all lined up in a row.

So those are some of the things I saw this weekend while on the road. Seriously, Cle Elum, Ellensburg, and Easton are three of my favorite places. The back roads are so fun to drive down. We even saw a pack of wild turkeys! Sorry I didn't get a picture, but we drove past them and Chad isn't one to turn around and go back so I could get a picture.

Let me leave you with a picture of Chad and Dustin, SO happy to be reunited after a full 23 hours apart.
Them lovvvvves each other.

No comments: