Over the past 25 years, there are some things that I have learned that might fall into the category of "incredible life lessons". I've decided that now is the time to share some of them with you.
1. It is always best to be honest with people, even if it is something that they wouldn't want to hear. Especially with your friends. A real friend will tell you the truth, even when it's hard. You don't ever want to be caught in the middle where you've told someone else the truth, yet lied to your friend in order to spare their feelings. This WILL backfire on you.
2. Chances are, you will never be fully happy with your appearance. You either have to learn to embrace it, or do something to change it. The choice is yours.
3. If you are embarrassed about something you have said or done, chances are it's a choice you shouldn't have made. Think things through for this reason, you never want to be in a position where you are hiding something in order to spare your reputation.
4. Learning to use the delay cook setting on your oven is a good idea.
5. When you're trying to lose weight, you will lose it first in the most annoying places. Like your right boob.
6. Death in your life is inevitable. You may lose friends. You will lose family. Pets will die before you are ready. IT WILL HURT. You will be sad and confused and lost.
You will also get through it. The holes will be there, but they will stop hurting so much and you can get past it.
7. Relationships fail. Friendships fail. You find that you are at different places in your lives and have different goals. For every person who walks out of your life, you will either find another one walking in, or a renewed sense of appreciation for the people still there.
8. Candy Land and Chutes & Ladders were much more entertaining as a child.
9. If you put on a happy face, even if it's a fake one, it can make your day better. If you actively put a bad attitude on display, it will always bring you down.
10. Try to see both sides of every story. You will be a better person for it.