Thursday, July 26, 2012

Just checking in...

Just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello!

I know I warned you that I wouldn't be posting for a while because I'm a bit stressed and busy right now, but I thought I would let you know a little bit about how things are going.

First of all, my horse is doing pretty well. I was really terrified that when the vet came back for her follow up visit that she would end up telling me that the wound isn't healing right and that Princess would have to be put down. (I know, I get a little dramatic at times) But I was seriously losing sleep and feeling sick to my stomach about it.
Anyways, Dr Hannah came out yesterday and told me pretty much the exact opposite... that the wound is healing better than she had expected it to, and that Princess shouldn't have any real long term issues that will make her unsound for riding. YAY!!
This is her new sweet itch sheet... it makes her look really fat, but that's just because the belly wrap part isn't supposed to be super tight... but it keeps her from getting the allergic reaction to the little gnat bites on her belly!

As for my weight loss, I've lost a couple more pounds the past week or so. I don't know if it's because i am trying to be more conscious about what I eat, stress making me feel sick, or because I've been trying to be a little more active. Probably a combination of the three...

Sister's wedding is right around the corner! Just a week and two days. The bachelorette party is this weekend, and i am feeling a bit of pressure on that one. Mostly because  there is a little more planning that goes into going camping than going out to a bar and crashing at a hotel room. And to top it off, my partner in crime in this thing (the other bridesmaid) is having a rough time herself because her dad has been in the hospital trying to bounce back from a total joint replacement and all the side effects and after shocks of that ordeal. So she is a little stressed out herself.

Chad's birthday is the weekend after the wedding too. Luckily he doesn't expect a whole lot of fancy stuff going on for his birthday, so that's good. I did order him his birthday present yesterday (fancy seat covers for his truck that he's been wanting since he got it two years ago) and I think we will end up doing a BBQ and bonfire at our house. That way we don't have to drive and he can still do whatever he heck he wants to do during the day (aka fishing or jetskiing).

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and say hello and that I am still reading all your blogs, I just haven't been able to write on my own!!




1 comment:

Lin said...

So glad to hear Princess is doing well. She's beautiful.

Sucks about the bachelorette planning not going so smoothly. I'm sure it'll all work out fantastically in the end.