Sunday, August 26, 2012

Dinner and a Movie

So last night Chad and I finally were able to sit down and watch The Hunger Games!
I also decided to make one of the recipes that I found on Pinterest.
I thought I would review them both for you today. (Be warned, this is an unusually long post for me)



This is not for the lactose intolerant, nor for those of you on a diet.

What you'll need is:
shredded chicken breast (I poached some chicken breasts in chicken stock earlier and then shredded it)
shredded mozzarella cheese
alfredo sauce (the link has a recipe to make your own, but I used the jar kind)
lasagna noodles (cooked al dente)
oregano
garlic powder

Basically you put a little of the sauce on one end of the noodle, top it with some oregano, garlic powder, chicken and mozzarella. Then you put them in your baking dish, top it with the rest of your sauce and mozzarella and bake it.

Pros: easy to make, great for picky eaters, can be assembled beforehand and popped in the oven 
Cons: a little time consuming to individually roll them, quite fattening

When I make it again (because I will), I will probably change it up a bit. I will use less mozzarella, use low fat alfredo sauce and probably add in some sort of veggies (probably some spinach and onions). A good, customizable, recipe.

Now for my review of The Hunger Games

First let me say that I LOVED the books. I wasn't going to read them initially, but then Sister told me I had to. So I did. And I loved them. So naturally I had to watch the movie.

Chad has not read the books, so he didn't REALLY know the story line.

Obviously, the movie wasn't as good as the book. They never are.
I do think that it was done very well in the aspect of controlling the gore. In the books there was so much killing and whatnot that I was nervous that it would really be too much, but it wasn't.
I wasn't super impressed though. Chad pointed out that it was really slow in the beginning. Which is true. And it didn't touch on a lot of the stuff before the Games that seemed like really important things in the books. I wanted to see more of the relationship between Peeta and Katniss. The book showed so much more of an internal struggle for Katniss and the movie really didn't show it. I think that people who didn't read the book wouldn't know that Katniss didn't really have the feelings for Peeta that she let on. And the ending was awful. It ended really abruptly and I think missed a lot of stuff.

Overall, it was good. It wasn't great. I would prefer to read the book again than to watch the movie.



1 comment:

Lin said...

oh my gosh...YUM! I know that's probably the worst thing to eat, carb wise, but I'd totally inhale it.

I loved the Hunger Games books and wished the movies would have gone into more detail. Overall though, it could have been worse.