Monday, October 15, 2012

Frequent Shopper

As a kind of follow up for my post over the weekend, I thought I would share with you the places that I consider myself a "frequent" shopper.

This is where I do 99% of our shopping. It's one of the more affordable grocery stores around here, and you get gas rewards. Can't beat that.
Like I said, as I've gotten older, I have found that I have a hard time really blowing my money on myself when there are other things to pay for. So when I am going to buy books (and you all know I read A LOT), I tend to go to half.com. It's significantly cheaper than buying from a regular retailer. Same thing with movies (and video games!)


Ah, Maurice's. My BFFL introduced me to this store a few years back and it is now my go to place for clothes. Sure, there is still Target and Ross (which is another of my bargain buy go-tos) but I have the most success at Maurice's. It's not the cheapest place in the world, but I don't mind spending $25 on a shirt when it is going to last me. They also have a big variety of clothes... I go there for my jeans (Silver brand!), shoes (although I have had a couple pair that haven't been super comfortable), work clothes (they tend to have a good variety of tops that don't cling to my hideous midsection), and fun accessories. 

So there you have it folks. I do love Target (who doesn't?) but I avoid that place like the plague if I can help it because it's so easy to blow a whole paycheck on stupid shit like post it notes and nail polish (lord help me if I go near the nail polish section).

Side note: I know I've mentioned it before, but if you are an online shopper, PLEASE do yourself a favor and sign up for Ebates. You get cash back for online purchases you make through the site. This is the BEST at Christmas time... seriously. You can get 2% back on Target.com purchases, 3.5% on Maurices.com, and 4% back on half.com! (Rich people... you get 3.5% on Tory Burch and 3% at Nordstrom!)

That's all kids. A little peak into my spending habits.




No comments: