Sunday, November 11, 2012

Social Sunday: Thanksgiving

Sunday Social

Linking up with Neely for Sunday social because this weeks topic is THANKSGIVING!!!

Favorite Thanksgiving Memory: My favorite memory about Thanksgiving is going shopping with my dad for Pretend Thanksgiving. I don't know why, but I love remembering going out in hunt of the perfect duck to get, and all the extras that go along with it. 
Another good memory I have is that one year, the night before Thanksgiving, Chad and I went to the bar and ended up meeting up with his sister and his cousins and we all had a really good time. Then, the next day at Chad's grandparents house, we all had to sit there and feel like crap because we partied too hard. It wasn't awesome at the time, but now we all talk about it and laugh.

Favorite Thanksgiving Food: I don't even know that this question should be allowed. How do you pick one favorite food for Thanksgiving. I love it all! The combo of turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing all drizzled (or covered... whatever) in gravy. NOM NOM NOM.

What is a Thanksgiving Tradition that You and Your Family have? I mentioned this earlier, but my family does Pretend Thanksgiving every year. We've only been doing it the past 5 years or so, but I really enjoy it. Since Sister and I now have the in-law families to see also, we found that it is nice to have a special day before the real holiday to sit down with just our immediate family (us, our significant others, and mom... and our next door neighbors that are like family) and have a mini version of the holiday.

What are you Most Looking Forward to About This Thanksgiving? I have to say it is going to be spending time with family. With the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and weddings (and Facebook), I really don't get to see my extended family very much. And Chad has some cousins that come in from out of state, and we always have a blast.

Those are my Thanksgiving thoughts this Sunday Social! We are having our Pretend Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow night, so hopefully I can manage to get some good pictures taken!



No comments: