Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Gripes with Pinterest

I, like all good bloggers, have an addiction to Pinterest.
It is probably the best way to waste time on the internet.

However, I do have a couple large gripes about Pinterest.

The smaller of the two: Moving things to a different board.
When I first started Pinterest, I had basic boards... food, wedding, holidays, etc. However I found that as my addiction grew worse, I had to create new boards. 

Enter Gripe.

If you want to move a large number of pins from one board to another, there is NO easy way. You can't select multiple Christmas pins and move them all at one time. You bet your ass you better have 16 hours to sit there and move all 5000 pins individually.

Now, for the big one.
The Pinterest Wedding Jealousy.
You know what I'm talking about.
You pin something that you know FOR SURE you want to have at your wedding (just like 48 OTHER centerpiece ideas you've pinned... this is THE one). You see your friend repins your pin.
THAT BITCH.
Now it's a race to the alter. Who will get there first and use those burlap place mats? Who is going to have better use of the Mason Jar Vase? And you know that if she gets married first and uses an idea that was repinned from you, you're going to be telling every mother trucker at that wedding "yeah, it's really neat. I pinned it first and then she repinned it from me".

If it were a stranger repinning it from you? No big. You won't be at that wedding. 
But the last thing you want is to end up using the same Pinterest inspired decor as your friend and having people compare whose was better for the rest of eternity.
Because they would.

This is clearly only a problem with the wedding pins. I don't care if my besties make the same crockpot meal I do, nor am I concerned if someone else pins the same pair of boots.
But I'll be damned if I don't get a little hint of that fear bile in the back of my throat when  I see that they repinned the guest book idea I had.

I really hope I'm not alone here.



2 comments:

Miranda said...

haha this literally made me lol. my wedding pinterest jealousy is different. I wish it would have been around when I was getting married! My wedding would have been so much more creative! And I agree with the moving pins things. I have a bunch 'for the home' but i wanted to break them into categories but i said screw it because i'm too lazy to repin each one individually!

Miranda said...

p.s. i nominated you for an award!
http://diesunddas33.blogspot.com/2012/11/are-you-nominated.html