So one of my blogging besties Miranda over at Aimless Translation awarded me with the Liebster blog award, which makes me feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy inside.
I strongly urge you to go check out her blog. She's sweet, funny, and I like her a lot.
Anyways, one of the stipulations of winning this award (for those of you that live under a rock and haven't seen it before), is that you not only have to post 11 random facts about yourself, but you have to answer questions that the person who nominated you.
Here goes for my 11 facts about me.
1. I don't think I will ever get sick of Harry Potter.
2. I love cooking.
3. My favorite food currently is crostini with herb goat cheese and roasted garlic.
4. October 1 - December 31 is probably my favorite time of year. My birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas... doesn't get much better!
5. I would LOVE to be a stay at home housewife, but Chad and I will never be able to afford that
6. I can honestly say that I can appreciate a good nap
7. I am part of a world traveled English Handbell Choir
8. Most of my money (after normal bill paying) goes towards groceries, followed by gas, and then books
9. Almost every room in my house is painted blue. As is the outside. Not my choice.
10. I don't play video games a lot but when I do, I do NOT like to share. So I usually only play when I'm home by myself.
11. I hate driving or riding in the car, but I LOVE driving across the state with Chad, just the two of us and Buck (my dog).
And here are the questions that Miranda posed:
1. What was your favorite TV show as a child? Well I really enjoyed the Nickelodeon classics... Doug, Rugrats, Clarissa Explains it All, Are You Afraid of the Dark.
2. If you won $5000 would you use it responsibly (bills/debt) or shopping/vacation? Probably a little bit of both. I would definitely pay off both my little credit cards and probably Chad's too. And then buy the nice dining set that I have been eyeballing (since we don't have one right now). Then the rest would probably go into savings for our wedding or something.
3. Mario or Luigi? Mario. Because he's short and stubby like me.
4. What do you wish was real, Santa or characters from your favorite TV show? DEFINITELY SANTA. I don't even know how that's a real question.
5. What would be your ideal state/location to live in? I absolutely adore my little town that I live in. Ideally we will always live here, but maybe be able to afford more land and more privacy.
6. Would you ever get your significant other's name tattooed on your body? Hm, probably not his name. I'm completely in love with him, but I think there are other things that I could get tattooed on my body that would mean more than just his name.
7. What is your favorite alcoholic drink? If I'm drinking at home, I drink Mike's Harder Lemonade drinks or plain Fireball. If we go to the bar, my go to drink is vodka soda with a splash of pineapple juice. If we're feeling rich, I get a drink that our favorite bartender made up called a Muddle Me Now, Razz me Later (I don't know what's in it really, but it's BOMB).
8. What's a chore you absolutely hate? Hm... I am not a fan of cleaning the litterbox, but I think that my least favorite thing is dishes. Mostly because I feel like I am CONSTANTLY doing them... as soon as I fill the dishwasher and start it, I feel like the sink immediately fills it up.
9. Is there a sport you absolutely hate and can't understand why people watch it? I wouldn't say HATE, but I think it is a toss up between NASCAR and golf to watch. I just don't think it's very entertaining. Sure, there are fiery crashes, and crazy golf shots to be made, but in general it doesn't hold my attention.
10. If it was legal (and safe) what animal would you have as a pet? That's REALLY hard to decide. I basically love all mammals so it's pretty much impossible to nail it down.
11. Why did you start blogging? When I first started my blog, it was a way for me to journal my struggle with weight loss (hence the title). But gradually it has turned into more of a blog about EVERY aspect of my life, from my weight issues to house buying to random BS.
Well friends, there you have it. I know I'm supposed to re-nominate more people, but honestly I don't think I can. I have so many awesome blogs that I love reading and get excited to see new posts from, but I just plain don't have the time to go through and pick just 7.
So I hope you've enjoyed refreshing your knowledge of me (and maybe learning something new). And remember, go visit Miranda and show her some love for me!