Sunday, November 25, 2012

Things I've Realized

There are things that we learn as we grow up. Stuff that you don't necessarily realize right away, things that take time to really fully grasp.
These are some of those things for me:

Food won't just disappear if you don't eat it right away. Okay, so I know that one is a given. Just because you have food in the house doesn't mean you have to eat it all at once. But honestly this has been a struggle for me over the years. I feel like if I have something good, I NEED to eat it. It can't wait until tomorrow because God knows it will disappear. Obviously.

Twilight is nowhere near as good as Harry Potter. Especially the movies. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Twilight. But as the years have gone on, I've realized that Twilight can not hold a candle to Harry. I can watch Harry Potter movies back to back and not get sick of them. Twilight movies, not so much. And the books are light years apart also.
Source: 9gag.com via Carly on Pinterest

No matter how loud you yell at the person in front of you, they won't drive any faster. This one has taken a lot of experience to finally come to terms with. Not happy about it.

The only way to get past something tough is to go through it. Seriously. If there is something hard in front of you, you can't just sit there and hope it gets out of your way. You have to just take that step and work your way through it.

Finding the guy that is perfect for you is like finding a needle in a haystack sometimes. But when you are lucky enough to find him, just know that you're lucky enough.
Source: i.imgur.com via Carly on Pinterest

What things have you learned over the years that maybe took longer than it should?



3 comments:

Miranda said...

yes Harry Potter is way better than Twilight. Ok, I haven't seen Twilight but I love Harry Potter!

Lin said...

Yes to all of this. I have the hardest time not stuffing my face with all the food placed in front of me. I may be just a fatty or it may go back to my mom telling me I had to finish all my food cause there were starving people in the world. Meh. Either way, I'm working on it.

Also, Harry Potter will forever be better than Twilight.

Alison said...

Haha, I've never watched Twilight, but that's because it gets so much crap. Harry Potter rocks :)

I also wish yelling at someone would make them drive faster. Seriously.