Saturday, February 9, 2013

Reviving My Social Life

For those of you who weren't aware, I'm not a very social person.
I know it may seem like I am, what with the HUNDREDS of facebook friends I have and all (ha), but I most of the time I really don't care to be around people.






It's not that I DON'T have friends that I like to spend time with, it's just that sometimes it's so damn hard to find time to do stuff together. 
My idea of a fun night with my friends is staying in, drinking, playing games, or watching movies together. Or in the summer time, floating the river, barbecuing, and having a bonfire.

Unfortunately, a lot of my friends are MUCH more people oriented than myself, so they like to go out to bars or parties. 

However, I have decided that I need to try a little harder to spend time with MY friends (as opposed to Chad's friends, who I see much more often, oddly enough). I am going to get a little pushier with my friends and say "hey, I want to get some coffee and catch up" until they have no choice but to agree (you'll be my friends whether you like it or not, damn it!).

So far so good... I spent Thursday evening having dinner with my bffl Kristine and our friend Chelsea (well, mostly her friend that I've become friends with over the years), and then today I had lunch with my friend Morgan and her fiance and son.

So far so good!



No comments: