Thursday, April 10, 2014

I'm New Here

For some reason, these past few months have felt like I'm living someone else's life. I mean, not LITERALLY like I hijacked someone else's life, but it just feels like I am pretending to live like someone else. (Which I suppose is like I hijacked someone's life...)

All of a sudden my friends want me to do things with them (I prefer my friendships to require very little actual social commitment), and I'm working 6 days a week a couple times a month (a big change from when I would absolutely refuse a 6 day work week that would interfere with my demanding napping schedule)

But I really can't complain. I got to spend a smidge of quality time with my fave Belarussian
I am actually really upset because we didn't get a full body shot that may have included my pink boots... damn.

I've been prioritizing my hour and a half workouts about 5 days a week. And today I traded that workout in for 3 hours of yard work... (which was mostly because Dustin said he would come over and help as an attempt to get Chad to focus on something other than fishing. We were mildly successful)

There have been a LOT of throwback pictures popping up on my facebook page.
That most definitely is me on the left. I was very pale. (especially standing next to my 1/2 Filipino, 1/2 Romanian best friend)

This is what I would call "accidental orange" hair. This is what happens when you bleach brown hair. Good thing we had a second box of bleach... (side note, I have no good explanation for my one strangely short eyebrow. I have no recollection of ever having shaved it... although now that I look at the first picture in this post, apparently that is just how my left eyebrow has always been? You'd think I would have noticed that prior to right now, since I look at myself in the mirror every day. More than once.)

I read The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold. It was NOT what I was expecting. It was rather bizarre and a little frightening, honestly, but I still found myself getting sucked in.
And now I'm reading The Mistresses Revenge. Talk about a psycho.

This weekend I get to watch my bridesmaids try on potential dresses. I hope it's as fun for me as I imagined it was for them to watch me try on wedding dresses. I mean, who could forget this face?
I must also appreciate the close up of my fat arm there. Doesn't get much better.

I am leaving on Sunday morning to go to San Diego for work until Friday. Travel makes me nervous. I don't like to be away from home. Being out of my comfort zone and all. So I'm just trying to think of it as a week long vacation on my own... I can workout in the hotel gym for as long as I want in the afternoon/evening, and watch whatever I want on TV. Chad has been asking me what time I've leaving on Sunday, and it crosses my mind that he probably wants to do something nice for me that morning, since I'll be gone for a week and it also happens to be our 9 year anniversary. Nope... he just wants to find out what time he will be free to go fishing with Dustin (Such a romantic, I know. But in his defense, he DID say tonight that he would take me out for breakfast that morning, which is actually a really nice gesture for Chad).

So anyways, this is my new life I've been living, try not to be too envious.


 photo 284877b_zps8b820ec3.png

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for bridesmaid dress shopping haha. Ummm your hair in that pic... I mean, not judging you at all.