Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekend Warrior

Well, to end my weekend, I thought I would share with you some of the things that I got accomplished this weekend.
First of all, on Saturday, I had big plans with a friend of mine to take my Indian Princess (aka my horse) on a trail ride. So I get up in the morning and I head to the farm to get her all ready, only to find that she had got one of her front shoes caught in a fence while trying to get some grass from the other side (what a freaking cow). So, I couldn’t take her on a trail ride. Instead, my friend Tiffany decides that we should go ride in the local arena anyways and work on running barrels and other gaming events. Overall, it was a pretty dang good day, and my thighs are SORE. In case you aren’t familiar, riding a horse, especially in gaming events, you have to use your legs a lot to hold on. Whoa. So I felt really good about the workout I got during our couple hours at the arena. Then I got home and took a nap. And woke up just in time for my mom t come home with some Albertson’s heavenly fried chicken. Way to sabatoge me MOM. So I had to have some. Shoot. But overall it was a pretty good day.
Today, I continued my productive roll. I got up and dragged Chad to the grocery store with me, where we spent $240 on groceries… whoops. But we have food for the next couple weeks at least, which means no eating out! Excellent. Then back home to work on our backyard project. Try not to be too amazed, but I moved over a pallet of concrete blocks BY MYSELF. These blocks are about 62 pounds a piece, and I moved 55 of them. In case you aren’t good at math, that is 3410 pounds. That’s right bitches, I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROARRRRRRR!!!! Anyways, so that was a hell of an upper body workout, I will probably be feeling that in the morning. Then I cleaned the bathroom, as well as my basement, which kind of doubles as a living area. I kind of have to go backwards a couple months with that basement though. Chad moved in with me in February. And he decided to take my beautiful basement and dump his bench press right inside the door and promptly piled all sorts of crap on top of it. So I took a good three hours today, caught up on Glee, and got my basement back in entertaining condition.
I ended my day with rehearsal with my handbell choir, and am now enjoying a glass (or bottle) of wine. It was a good weekend.

No comments: