Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Prom Dress Challenge

Well, I was going to link up with The Heir to Blair for McFatty Monday this week... but then I waited and waited for her to post her link up, and it never came. So, here it is on Wednesday, and I am going to just post my post now.

For those of you who are unaware, I am DYING to get married. Seriously. I can not wait for the day that Chad gets down on one knee and gives me a big, shiny, sparkly diamond ring so we can move forward with my fairy tale.
Unfortunately, Chad is NOT dying inside for this to happen. Clearly. It isn't so much that he doesn't want to marry me someday (as he has assured me numerous times), but he is in no rush. And he doesn't want to marry a whale. Those are my words, not his, he has never said anything like that to me. But I know he thinks it. And, honestly, I wouldn't want to walk down the aisle looking the way I do right now anyways, which he knows.

So this brings me to my Prom Dress Challenge. Chad told me on our recent trip to Vegas (see my last post for pictures) that as soon as I can fit into my dress from senior prom, he will start ring shopping for me. Now, I was no where near a size zero in high school, but that size 9 skirt and size 3 (!!!!!) top are so far out of the realm of my wardrobe right now, it's not even funny. Insert picture of me wearing dress this morning...

.... no picture. You see. I was going to take a picture of myself with the dress on (clearly not zipped or anything) to give you an idea of how far I have to go. But then I couldn't even get that damn skirt up past my lower thighs. So there we have it... wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

GOOD LUCK! You can do it.

also, *swoon* what a gorgeous ring!