Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dances, mother daughter moments, framed Liars, and some pitbull love

For today’s Boob Tube Babble, I am only going to have a few shows to talk about because I have been slacking on my television watching.

Boob Tube Babble


First, I would like to talk about the show Dance Moms on Lifetime. I wrote a little blurb about this show the other day when I first discovered it. But I am now full blown addicted. Not good. It is kind of along the same lines as Toddlers and Tiaras, except these girls are older and I feel like they are going through quite a bit more grueling training. Seriously, some of these girls are in the studio for, like, 8-10 hours A DAY. Don’t even get me started on the crazy dance teacher, she is a nut ball. But what can I say, it makes for great TV.
(every week she does a pyramid with the "best" pupil on top to motivate the kids... INSANE!)

Next, as always, I need to give a shout out to Gilmore Girls. I can’t remember which season I am on (I think 6 maybe?), but things are getting good. Rory and Lorelai are back together as a family, Lorelai and Luke are planning their wedding, and Luke found out he has a daughter. CA-RAZY. Love it.
(Rory and Lorelai somewhat reuniting at Rory's 21st birthday party)

Pretty Little Liars. Don’t try to lie and say you aren’t practically peeing your pants waiting for the fall premiere to come on. The summer finale was so out of control, I can’t handle the fact that they left us hanging. They can’t seriously think those girls killed Alison! For real?!
(The poor girls in the interrogation room after being framed by A. Bitch...)
Now, this last show is a show I got hooked on during a marathon one weekend and I haven’t seen it on the listings, which is DEVASTATING to me. I speak, of course, about Pitbulls and Parolees on Animal Planet. If you haven’t seen this show, I feel like you should watch it, especially if you have only ever heard bad things about pitbulls and the people who own them. This woman, Tia Torres, takes in all sorts of bull dog breeds that have no place left to go. If they are good candidates for adoption, she works with them and sets them up with families. If not, she keeps them for the rest of their lives. She hires parolees who need work to do stuff around the property. They start out just cleaning the kennels and doing little stuff like that, but as they stick around longer and prove themselves trustworthy and responsible, she assigns dogs to them for them to work with on obedience, socialization, and basic dog skills. It is such a heartwarming show for me to watch. Not only are the dogs getting a second chance at finding loving homes, but the parolees are working their way back into society and doing something that makes them feel really good. I know a lot of people aren’t pitbull people or fans or whatever, but it is such a great thing she does, giving those dogs and people second chances. And I am sad because it isn’t on anymore L
(One of the parolees gettin a little lovin from his partner... melt my heart!)

That pretty much does it for this edition of Boob Tube Babble.


1 comment:

Venassa said...

I watched all of Gilmore Girls from start to finish a few months ago and I love it.