Monday, September 5, 2011

I wear white after Labor Day... call me a rebel

Well kiddos, this is the end of another long weekend. The one symbolizing the end of summer, and I couldn’t be happier! This is a recap of my weekend.
Friday night, Chad and I went down to our favorite bar, The Riverside, for dinner. We ran into a few friends, hung out, and then headed up to our friend Nic’s house for a bonfire and some fun. Saturday, Chad and I went our separate ways for the day. He went over the mountains with a friend to meet up with his aunt and her boyfriend for some fun on Lake Cle Elum. That’s right folks, he was OBVIOUSLY jet skiing, haha. I met up with a friend of mine, who actually is the owner of my horse Princess. Or I guess I should say she WAS the owner of my horse. I officially purchased her from her to the tune of $1500. This is more than I had hoped to pay for a horse, but since Sasha was hoping to get $3000 for her, I guess I got a pretty good deal on a great horse (despite her fly issues).

After that, I just hung out at home, caught up on some TV shows, and relaxed. Sunday is when all hell broke loose.
The day started out innocent enough, Chad mowed the lawn, I cleaned the bathroom, and it was very laid back. Then he gets the bright idea that we should float the river with some friends. Normally I am all for this, however I kind of decided last weekend that I was done with summer. Oh well, it would be fun, right? Right. And it was. Until right at the end when it was discovered that Chad was so tremendously intoxicated that he was basically useless. By the time we got back to his truck, everybody was begging him not to drive (for good reason). He was arguing about it with them (because that is what he does), which gave me the opportunity to sneak into his drivers seat. I get us home, and as I am walking up the front walk, I turn around to find Chad laying flat on his back in the driveway like a hot mess. OH. MY. GOD. Chad is NEVER like this. I mean, don’t get me wrong, Chad can drink like a champ, but he is more the loud, sometimes obnoxious drunk, not the falling down drunk (that’s usually me when I get that drunk, which is rarely). I help scrape him off the pavement, while he is laughing hysterically, and get him in the house. He then decides that he better take a shower. This is funny. Not only am I hearing all sorts of things getting knocked over in there, shampoo bottles flying, etc, but I get up this morning, turn on the shower, and realize that Chad had the shower head on the high pressure stream setting that I had changed it to when I was cleaning the shower that morning. I was DYING of laughter when I was envisioning his drunk ass in the shower with a jet stream hitting him in the face. After that, he passed out at, oh, about 7:30 and slept for 12 hours. Good thing, since he had to work today, haha.
Today has been very excitement free. We got up at about 7:30 and Chad went to the store to get some breakfast food, since he didn’t have to be at work until 9:30. Then he left and I watched an entire morning of Dance Moms on Lifetime. Has anybody else ever watched this show? These people are CA-RAZY!

Then there was lunch out with my mom at the Roadhouse in town, which was super good. I had a pesto burger (which involved basil pesto and goat cheese… BOMB.COM).

Followed by a nappy nap with my little beagle guy, which was cut short by the fact that it was about 500 degrees in my room. Then I got up and went to meet up with Chad’s aunt Carol. You see, I got conned into taking care of their family friend/neighbor Jeanie while everybody is  across the country in New York for Chad’s cousin Karli’s wedding. Now, Jeanie has always been kind of a mystery to me. I have been hearing about her since the beginning of Chad and I’s relationship, but I have never met the woman. They all make her out to be some complete looney toon. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I met her. She seems perfectly normal for an old lady who lives in a caboose on 10 acres. That’s right folks, I said CABOOSE. Like choo choo train.
(her house lookes just like this, but with a big deck built on)
Anyways, I learned the ropes, found out where the garbage goes, how to get the mail, and how to water the plants and the cow. Should be pretty easy money for a few days of helping out a lonely old lady.
That is the end of my weekend stories my friends. I hope you all had a great weekend, and have a good short work week!

No comments: