Thank God for the beautiful Sassy Vodka Panties.
(Those are words I never thought I’d write… wait. Who am I kidding?? How could I go my whole life without saying that sentence?)
Anywhoodle. She “tagged” me in her post today with this fun little get to know you type blog thingy. So here goes:
1. You must post the rules
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then set 11 NEW questions for the bloggers you tag to answer.
4. Choose 11 people to tag, and link their blogs to your post. (don’t tag the person who tagged you, and you can’t just say that you are tagging everybody who reads it)
5. Tell them that you tagged them.
11 Things about Me:
1. I fracking hate whistling.
2. My car is always ALWAYS a disaster area.
3. I hoard tasks at work so nobody else can do them.
4. I could seriously eat Chinese food every day and not get sick of it.
5. I prefer hanging out with a small group of people rather than going to a party.
6. My dad is in my dreams almost every night.
7. I would love it if Chad made enough money so I could stay home and cook, clean, workout, and nap all day.
8. I have a really hard time finding the perfect purse for any given expedition.
9. I ring in a world traveled English handbell choir (and 98% of people have no idea what that is)
10. I love writing checks, and I balance my checking register with 4 different colored pens for different things.
11. I buy a lot of shoes and never wear them.
Answers to Sassy Vodka Panties’ Questions:
1. What is the best job you’ve ever had?: Well, I’ve only really had two jobs in my life, so I’m going to go with FUNNEST job (since obviously my current job is BETTER than my last one, or else I wouldn’t have left there for here). My funnest job was working for Small Fryes. It’s a little burger joint in my home town and I worked there for 4 years. It was SO MUCH FUN most of the time. We played pranks, we made food concoctions, we deep fried everything… good times.
2. What is your guilty pleasure?: Well, I posted about this a little while back and my guilty pleasure was McDonald’s. However, since then, I have eaten my weight in chicken McNuggets, so I’m over that guilty pleasure. And currently I have to say my guilty pleasure is Chinese food. Guilty, because it is a) usually fattening and b) expensive. Pleasing because it tastes like heaven.
3. What is your least favorite book you had to read in school?: Well, this is a tough one because I really like reading and I have always found that I end up enjoying most books for some reason or another. But, I do remember one book that I couldn’t get into in high school, and that was The Things They Carried. I still have it to this day because I think I would probably enjoy it more now than I did when I was younger.
4. What is one talent that you wish you had?: I wish I could play the piano. And sing. But not at the same time like Alicia Keys. I had a piano growing up and I loved tinkering away on it, but there was only so much that I could teach myself with the books we had. And singing is just nice. It would be nice to sing in the car and know that I don’t sound like a complete ass.
5. What is the most embarrassing thing your parent(s) have done?: Hm, I am really not sure. I don’t really know of anything they’ve done that has really embarassed ME, but I am pretty sure my mom has done that have (or at least SHOULD have) embarrassed her.
6. How often do you wash your hair?: Every day, if I’m being seen in public. I have a lot of really fine hair, so if I wear it down, it gets greasy really easily. And if I wear it up, it just gets OUT OF CONTROL.
7. Who has influenced you most?: Well, it’s really cliché to say my parents, but it’s kind of the truth, don’t you think? I mean, your parents teach you things, like how to be a decent person and all that jazz.
8. When did you have your first kiss?: I’m sure in elementary school sometime. But as far as a REAL kiss, like, with a boyfriend, it was probably in 9th grade.
9. Where do you want to go on vacation next?: My next big vacation I want to go to Florida! Disneyworld and Harry Potter Land (as I like to call it) are screaming my name!
10. What can you not leave the house without?: My cell phone usually. I absolutely despise talking on the phone, but it is definitely handy for text messaging, checking facebook, e mail, twitter, etc. And playing games. And telling time. And for emergency, clearly.
11. Why did you start a blog?: This, my dear SVP, is an excellent question. I started my blog mostly as a tool for support and to talk about my weight loss journey that I have been on for what feels like my entire freaking life. But gradually I got sick of talking about being fat (and I’m sure people get sick of hearing people talk about being fat), and moved on to other topics. Like Pinterest. And books. And recipes. And general life stories.
Now, this is where I am supposed to ask my 11 questions and pass it on to 11 other people. But that’s not going to happen, sorry friends. I just plain don’t have 11 questions that I care to ask 11 people… I feel like I would want to send a separate set of questions to everybody because there are different things about different bloggers that require questioning.