Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmassy Junk

So I've seen a few of these Christmas survey deals going around lately, but have been far too lazy busy to do one. But now is the moment you've all been waiting for.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper FOR SURE. I will have wrapping paper until the day I die because I keep buying it from Costco in rolls that have 3000 feet.

2. Real tree or Artificial? We've always had artificial at my house, but I always got a real tree for Chad's house. I love going out and picking one, and the smell!
  
3. When do you put up the tree? Ideally, the weekend after Thanksgiving, but usually it ends up being about a week later than that.


4. When do you take the tree down? this is a tough one. I mean, sometimes mom wants it down, like, two days later. And sometimes it takes 3 weeks. And then another 4 months to actually get it down to the basement.
 
5. Do you like eggnog? Only in caramel egg not lattes (cut with non fat milk, of course)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hm, I can't think of one gift as a child that was better than all the rest. Our Christmases have always been pretty damn epic.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? My mom has about 3 I think. Too bad one of the shepherds lost his head last year and no amount of super glue will reattach it.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My mother. She doesn't ever put together a real list because she doesn't hesitate to purchase whatever she wants for herself when she sees it. And Chad's parents, because he doesn't ever talk to them about what they want, so I have to guess. Then a week after Christmas Chad will be like "oh, we really should have gotten them this..." Fool.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My sister and Chad I would say. And my BFFL Kristine. I know what they like, and I am constantly seeing things that make me say "oh, she'd like that a lot..." Usually I have to stop myself before I spend WAY too much money

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail for sure. It always makes me tinkle a little when I get something in the mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Pipe cleaners. From a secret santa at work. She also got me glow stick bracelets. I don't know if she wanted me to do crafts with them, or what the deal was, but my friends and family got a good chuckle out of it.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Way too hard to pick just one. I constantly have ABC Family or Hallmark channel on this time of year because they always have good movies on. But, the ones that come to mind are Elf, Holiday in Handcuffs, Home Alone (1 & 2), Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and the Island of Misfit Toys, Santa Baby, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the one with Jim Carrey), Christmas Vacation... to name a few.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Anytime after Halloween. I start early so I am not rushing around struggling to afford things in December.

14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember...

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Hm, another tough one. Any kind of christmas goodie is always appreciated in my belly (although not on my scale). And our Christmas Eve Prime Rib is always a crowd pleaser.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Depends on the decorations I guess. I am finding that I like white lights a lot because then it isn't overwhelming when you have colorful ornaments.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Not even going to try this one.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I like getting to see my family and Chad's family, but I honestly wish they would come to ME. It is exhausting to have to go to 4 places in one day... eating and chatting and not napping. 

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen. And Rudolph. Fo sheez. 

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? At home, Angel. The tree I used to do at Chad's house had a star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning. When I was little we did both, but now just Christmas morning. Although I'd love to have the tradition of getting new Christmas jammies on Christmas eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The stress, for sure. I wish I could just sit back, relax, and enjoy it all. But that isn't how it works.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? Oohhh... this is really tough. I mean, I pretty much like how ALL trees look. But i think when I have my own place there will be two different trees. I will have one that is just completely random, filled with ornaments that we've collected over the years, etc. And then one that has some sort of a theme... like purple and silver or blue and silver or whatever. Thanks to that cruel mistress Pinterest, I have WAY too many ideas floating around my head.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Well, I told Chad I'd really like a pretty ring, but he shot me down. So please see my list here


No comments: