Friday, November 2, 2012

1st To Die


This week I'm going to share with you one of the books that Sister got me for my birthday.


I started reading this series (Women's Murder Club) a few years ago on one of my bell choir tours, but never finished it because it was on my E-Reader and it expired or something.

Anyways, here is what the back cover says:

In San Francisco newlyweds are being stalked - and slaughtered. Enter four unforgettable women, all friends... Lindsay, a homicide inspector in the city's police department... Claire, a medical examiner... Jill, an assistant D.A.... and Cindy, a reporter who has just started working the crime desk of the San Francisco Chronicle. Joining forces, pooling their talents, courage, and brains, they have one goal: to find, trap, and outwit the most diabolical and terrifying killer ever imagined.

This book is a very fast read. But that may have something to do with the fact that the chapters are really short (it has 126 chapters and 418 pages... you do the math).
It had just enough twists and turns to keep you on your toes, and as soon as you think you have it all figured out, you start to second guess yourself, which is something I really look for in a mystery/suspense book.

I have to say that the romance in the book is a little cliche, but it doesn't end the way you would expect it to (which may be a bit of a spoiler, but whatever).

Overall, I was happy with the book and am going to start the second of the series today. Hopefully it won't disappoint. As my sister pointed out, sometimes with books in a series like this, they tend to follow the same route each time, but with slightly different story lines. So I guess the true test will be to see if they break away from each other.

This book gets a 3.5 out of 5 I think.



No comments: