Friday, November 23, 2012


Today I am going to share with you True Colors by Kristin Hannah.

The Grey sisters. Shattered by their mother's death when they were still very young, they've always banded together against the distant chill of their father.

In a matter of moments, their family will be torn apart. The Grey sisters will be pitted against one another in ways that none could have imagine. Loyalties will be tested and secrets revealed, and a terrible, shocking crime will shatter both their family and their beloved town.

That is just a portion of what the back cover says.
There is adultery, scandal, family feuds, murder... all sorts of juicy stuff involved.

The book started out kind of slow for me, but after the first chapter or so, I really got interested.
The characters were pretty well developed, with the exception of a couple that are there but don't really come to life fully. 
It was also a book where you start to get emotionally invested. I was yelling at these people, I was crying when things happened, and overall I would find myself feeling like I was really there.

Overall I don't have anything bad to say about the book, except maybe that the chapters weren't broken up very well (there were some places where it seemed like a new chapter should start, but didn't).

I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars.



No comments: