Sunday, November 18, 2012

Weekend Happenings

This weekend was pretty dull except for Saturday night, which was my friend Maria's wedding to her high school sweetheart after 11+ years together.
Yes, you read that right.

This wedding was unlike any I've ever been to because of all the cultural aspects. Maria is Hmong, and her now husband is Filipino (I think). Apparently in the Hmong culture, a wedding isn't really a happy thing, because it's basically the bride leaving her family for someone else's. So, Maria was crying before she even started walking down the aisle and she didn't stop the entire ceremony. Also, she is a twin, which means another huge set of tradition, so there was a section of the wedding that was spoken entirely in Hmong where Maria and her sister split a piece of cloth and it was really emotional.

And the most exciting part? One of the bridesmaids passed out during the ceremony.

Anyways, overall it was a beautiful event, although not what I was expecting.

Like I said, that was just about the most exciting part of my weekend. Today all I've been doing is basically sitting on my ass. Chad and I went to bed SUPER early last night, and I didn't sleep well, so my motivation level today has been non existent (although I did get laundry and some dishes done).

I hope everybody had a great weekend and a nice short week leading up to Thanksgiving!!!!




No comments: