Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Keepin' it Real

I'm not a political person. I don't talk politics. I don't like to question or argue with people about their beliefs on politics, elections, etc.

But, with all the talks about current issues and the inauguration and whatnot, I thought I would take a few seconds to let you know where I stand on a couple things.

1. Our president. Everybody can vote for who they want to vote for, that's what the election is all about. President Obama was re elected. BY THE PEOPLE. Complain all you want, that won't change things. You don't have to like him, but he is still the leader of our country. Things aren't perfect. When have they been? With every presidency, there have been issues. Hopefully the first 4 years of his term have given the president a real direction and plan of action. All we can do is sit back and see where things go. Be optimistic people, don't sit around and bitch about how Obama got re elected. Doesn't do any good.

2. Abortion. This is probably the one thing that I have a STRONG opinion of. If you make abortion illegal, it's not going to stop women from having these procedures. It's going to force them to look to illegal methods to have it. I understand that a lot of people feel that a fetus, no matter what size or stage, is a living human. And I have to say that a lot of the people who oppose abortion tend to be devout Christians. I have no problem with religion AT ALL. However then I see people making comments about how religion should be kept out of politics. Hm, a little contradictory. You think that a 2 month old fetus is protected under God, but you don't want the president talking about God in his inauguration speech? Interesting. 
I agree, there are methods to prevent unwanted pregnancy, use it ladies! Be in control of your body! However we all know that accidents happen. You miss a pill and don't realize it. A condom tears. Take the cues your body gives you! Don't wait until you're 6 weeks along to be like "well hm, I think I may be pregnant..." 
Anyways, back to the point. Keep your laws off MY body. I don't think that it's right to tell someone they can't get a medical procedure and force them to go to the black market and put their life (and money) into the hands of a surgeon performing the procedure outside the law.

Sorry for the political rant, but just even though I don't talk politics very frequently (or ever... real life or on the blog), I do have some thoughts on some things, and these are them.



No comments: