Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Work It Girl!

This will be a short post, due to the fact that my laptop has been a giant crap bag lately, so I want to get this out there in the world before it inevitably shuts off on my for no damn reason.

I've been back on my workout/weight loss bandwagon now for the past month or so and I wanted to share with you some of what I've been doing.

Meal planning: This is ESSENTIAL for me! If I don't cook a meal for dinner and snag leftovers for lunch, those damn drive thrus (and Herfy's across the street from my work) scream my name and I can not resist their sweet temptations. Lately I've been a freaking champ though, if I do say so myself.

Motivation: Aside from the obvious motivation of not wanting to look and feel like a fracking whale, I joined the website Diet Bet. I first heard about it over at Mrs Monologues and thought I'd join. Basically you join a "game", throw down the "bet" amount (mine is $25) and you have 28 days to lose 4% of your weight. Then at the end of those 4 weeks, everybody who successfully lost their 4% gets to split the pot. 
I still have another week and a half to go, but I don't know that I am going to make my goal... I got a really slow start and I don't think I had a real idea of how fast these 4 weeks  were going to go. But I definitely think I will join a new round after this one is over because it's great motivation and an attainable goal.

Exercise: I've been spending some QT with my elliptical almost everyday, sweatin it out while watching season 3 of Grey's Anatomy (if you remember last year, I basically sat in the dark and watched the first 2 seasons non stop when I wasn't sleeping or working). It's a really good distraction to the discomfort of the good workout, and the working DVD player is in the basement where there isn't any furniture aside from my workout equipment, so it's working out nicely.

And I was going to embed one of my Pins showing the Dance Moms workout, but I apparently am still too stupid to know how to make it work with this new set up. 
A-holes.

Moral of the story, I'm down some LBs and hoping to keep on in that direction!



1 comment:

Jill said...

Congrats & good work! I'm on the same mission right now - working out, eating healthier, changing my habits. So far it's going well, and it's so rewarding to be doing something good for yourself!