Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Bounce Back



As per my old habits, I fell off my good workout routine over the holidays. It's not like I was COMPLETELY sedentary, I still tried to work out at least 5 times a week, but I wasn't pushing myself as hard, and most of the work I was doing was being cancelled out by my disregard for healthy eating habits.

I kept telling myself that I would get back to two a day workouts, 75 minutes of cardio, running regularly, and having just lean meat and veggies for dinner... just as soon as the madness of the holidays passed.

I had the best intentions, I really did. But it's amazing how hard it is to get back into those good habits. Not just because I am prone to those thoughts of "I'll just wait until next week to start again", but also because your body can get so comfortable with it (or at least mine can). I realized that the 45 minute workout that I used to do no problem now left my legs and lungs crying for help. So what have I been doing? Stopping. Saying "well shoot, it's better than nothing" and calling it a night.

And yes, it IS better than nothing. Half an hour of cardio is better than sitting on my couch all night obviously, but it's not helping me get any farther with my weight loss. 

The only thing I keep telling myself is that as long as I'm not going BACKWARDS, I can still go forward... right?



 photo 284877b_zps8b820ec3.png

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh, it's SO hard, and I can SO relate! I stuck to my work-out schedule over the holidays, but I ate like crap for two solid weeks, and put on 5 lbs. I've spent the past month and a half trying to get back to pre-Christmas weight, but my eating habits are so bad right now. Especially on weekends. It's a never-ending battle...